Writing Like a Journalist
Good writing is at the heart of journalism.
Journalists write for a living. They use words precisely and efficiently. They present accurate, verified information in a way that a mass audience will understand it by reading or hearing it only once.
Such writing takes skill, discipline and practice.
Writing Like a Journalist will give the reader some of the basic concepts of how journalists achieve good writing — writing that an audience can understand and will pay for.
Chapters topics in this volume include:
• The discipline of good writing
• Mastering the language
• Tools of writing: Grammar, Punctuation, Spelling
• Why journalistic writing is different
• The inverted pyramid structure – and what you can learn from it
• Headlines – the most important words for a journalist, and you
• Writing for audio and visual journalism
The book also contains a bonus chapter on the First Amendment with sections on each of the five freedoms protected by the amendment and a section on the history and development of the amendment.
Now on Amazon: Writing Like a Journalist
Get a FREE copy of Kill the Quarterback
Get a free digital copy of Jim Stovall's mystery novel, Kill the Quarterback. You will also get Jim's newsletter and advanced notice of publications, free downloads and a variety of information about what he is working on. Jim likes to stay in touch, so sign up today.