1. I can’t decide whether I should go to California or Florida.
Insert bold tags for the names of the states. Type the entire sentence.
2. To Kill a Mockingbird was written by Harper Lee of Monroeville, Ala.
Insert italic tags for the title of the book. Type the entire sentence.
3. Despite his profound effect on the English language, relatively little is known about William Shakespeare.
Insert an image tag after the sentence. The URL for the image is http://www.jprof.com/images/shakespeare.jpg. Type the entire sentence.
4. My father once told me that George Washington slept here.
Make the words “George Washington” into a link. Here is the URL you can use: http://www.pbs.org/georgewashington/. Type the entire sentence.
5. No one wanted to have pizza tonight.
Put a paragraph tag at the end of the sentence. Type the entire sentence.
6. The Pulitzer Prize winner spoke for more than an hour. “A reporter must always identify himself,” he said.
Make the second sentence, including the direct quote and the attribution, into a block quote. Type both sentences.
7. The St. Louis Cardinals won the World Series in 2006.
Make the words “St. Louis Cardinals” into a link. You will need to look up a good web site about the Cardinals and use the URL from that site.
8. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy is one of the most famous books ever written.
Make the title of the book both bold and italic. Type the entire sentence
9. Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen.
Center this sentence on the web page. Type the entire sentence
10. New York City is one of the most exciting places I have ever been.
Bold the words “New York City” and make them into a link. You will need to look up a good web site for the city. Type the entire sentence
Type your name again so it will appear on the second page when you print it out.
Get a FREE copy of Kill the Quarterback
Get a free digital copy of Jim Stovall's mystery novel, Kill the Quarterback. You will also get Jim's newsletter and advanced notice of publications, free downloads and a variety of information about what he is working on. Jim likes to stay in touch, so sign up today.
Tags: HTML tags