This exercise consists of 10 sentences. For each sentence you should decide if the subject agrees with the verb. If so, type the word “Correct” in the space below the sentence; if not, write the sentence correctly in the box below it. Follow the directions of your instructor in completing this exercise. A link appears at the end of the sentences that gives an explanation for each sentence.
1. The mass media have become pervasive in our society.2. The president and his advisor was up early to deal with the crisis.
3. Measles has a deathly grip on the children of this town.
4. The hammer and one of the nails was laying there ready for the carpenter.
5. Through the roaring blazes of the many fires runs John.
6. All of the clocks in the city strike at about the same time.
7. Despite the fact that each was told not to, the three-year-old Grant and the five-year-old Owen wants to play in the mud.
8. Two-thirds of the assignment has been finished.
9. News is what editors and news directors say it is.
10. The pile of logs, all of them, were stolen in the middle of the night.
When you have finished this exercise, follow the directions of your instructor for printing or saving your work.
Get a FREE copy of Kill the Quarterback
Get a free digital copy of Jim Stovall's mystery novel, Kill the Quarterback. You will also get Jim's newsletter and advanced notice of publications, free downloads and a variety of information about what he is working on. Jim likes to stay in touch, so sign up today.