|This exercise consists of 10 sentences. Re-type each sentence inserting commas in the correct locations. Print this out when you have finished or follow the directions of your instructor in completing this exercise. A link appears at the end of the sentences that gives an explanation for each sentence.
1. The girl stared at him with a sad longing look in her eyes.
2. The board of trustees decided to raise tuition by $1000 for all students.
3. The lawyer knew her client was innocent but she had no way of proving it.
4. Elated and excited Sara could not believe what she had just heard.
5. “Wow look at that guy run,” the man said to his friends.
6. The letter, which arrived yesterday contained some important tax information.
7. The goon hit him hard, really hard on the side of the face.
8. John hurry up; it’s nearly time for the train to arrive.
9. John Kennedy 43 was elected president of the United States on Nov. 6, 1960.
When you have finished this exercise, follow the directions of your instructor for printing or saving your work.
Get a FREE copy of Kill the Quarterback
Get a free digital copy of Jim Stovall's mystery novel, Kill the Quarterback. You will also get Jim's newsletter and advanced notice of publications, free downloads and a variety of information about what he is working on. Jim likes to stay in touch, so sign up today.