- digital camera
- digital sound recorder
- video camera
- blackberry, iPhone (something hand-held)
Take an inventory of what the students have on the first day of class.
- HTML tags
A short lesson in learning HTML tags in two parts:
Handout: Preparing images for a web site (This is a one-page PDF handout.) Additional handouts are available on JPROF.com: Beginning Photoshop (a two-page PDF file) and Photoshop Guidelines (a six-page PDF file.)
- Audacity (sound editing)
Audacity is a free and downloadable piece of software from SourceForge.net. Audacity is exceptionally easy to learn and to use.
- Skype and anything that makes reporting easier
Anything that helps the journalist gather information and connect with an audience.
Take an inventory of what the students know on the first day of class.
• Getting started with HTML, Dave Raggett;
• HTML Cheatsheet, Webmonkey
• Ellyn Angelotti, “Journo Tweeting”: This excellent article by Ellyn Angelotti takes you through Twitter step by step and then tells you how a journalist should be using it. Lots of links and good advice.
Get a FREE copy of Kill the Quarterback
Get a free digital copy of Jim Stovall's mystery novel, Kill the Quarterback. You will also get Jim's newsletter and advanced notice of publications, free downloads and a variety of information about what he is working on. Jim likes to stay in touch, so sign up today.