Cathryn Brown (Rep.) was elected by the constituents of New Mexico to represent their interests. But I wonder if those voters knew an abortion bill that denies abortion to the victims of rape was part of her agenda.
No One in America Should Have to Wait 7 Hours to Vote – The Atlantic.
Women’s Research Institute of Nevada (WRIN) — A Century of Progress and Tradition.
The opinions section of the New York Times has put together a truly silly video of people expressing some profoundly inane reasons why you shouldn’t vote.
The New York Times has a roundup of early voting around the country and how it has changed the pace of elections.
Ori Eisen, founder, chairman and chief innovation officer of online security firm 41st Parameter, makes the case for taking voting online in this Gigaon blog post, It’s Time to Take the Election Online.
The Voting Rights Act has been around for a very long time and has become part of the political fabric of the nation, especially the states in the South that are the specific targets of the act.
This super graphic shows how the US ranks in terms of voter turnout and other issues related to the push to change the voting system.
Check out this interactive graphic to see what your state’s requirements are concerning photo identification required to vote in this year’s election! http://www.ncsl.org/legislatures-elections/elections/voter-id.aspx
This idea of denying people who have been convicted of crimes the right to vote has been debated for a couple of centuries now. It is viewed by many as retribution for an act against society. Should it be forever?
Now FREE on Amazon
The first of five volumes in the Civil War Combat Artist series, Battlelines: The Road to Gettysburg is now available on Amazon as a free download.
And now you can download the second volume, Battlelines: Gettysburg, Day 1, free at BookFunnel.
Point Spread on Amazon
Kill the Quarterback on Amazon
Recently on JPROF.com
- Anne Bradstreet, Puritan wife and mother and America’s first published poet November 22, 2017
- More about true crime podcasts; Fowler’s English classic; and giveaways galore November 20, 2017
- Jeannie Rousseau, a diminutive spy and an extraordinary tale of courage November 17, 2017
- True crime podcasts; Amazon gift card giveaway ($200) November 14, 2017
- Another reader on free expression; Anger as temporary madness November 9, 2017
- More from the Devil’s Dictionary; Where do a fiction writer’s ideas come from? October 30, 2017
- Where ideas come from: One author’s journey October 25, 2017
- Writing and dying, in public view; The Devil’s Dictionary October 23, 2017
- Ulysses Grant: Writing and dying – in public view October 19, 2017
- Two very different books; some free expression discussion; and a new giveaway October 16, 2017
- Book of Judith sets forth the story of a strong female character of Biblical times October 12, 2017
- Free expression – What do you think? And something from the local library October 9, 2017
- This week’s Remarkable Woman: Lillian Ross; a new author and a watercolor October 2, 2017
- Lillian Ross, reporter and precursor of the 1960s New Journalism movement September 28, 2017
- Best book of the summer? Readers respond September 21, 2017
Welcome to JPROF
Since 2004 JPROF.com has been providing journalism instructors and students with material and ideas for teaching and learning journalism. Jim Stovall is the site's creator and operator.
JPROF.com is now the site for First Inning Press and First Inning Artworks.
This site has more than 500 pages and posts. Use the search above and the categories and tags below to find what you need.
The site for the textbook, Writing for the Mass Media, is now part of this JPROF.com site.
Get a FREE copy of Kill the Quarterback
Get a free digital copy of Jim Stovall's mystery novel, Kill the Quarterback. You will also get Jim's newsletter and advanced notice of publications, free downloads and a variety of information about what he is working on. Jim likes to stay in touch, so sign up today.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your address.