Cathryn Brown (Rep.) was elected by the constituents of New Mexico to represent their interests. But I wonder if those voters knew an abortion bill that denies abortion to the victims of rape was part of her agenda.
No One in America Should Have to Wait 7 Hours to Vote – The Atlantic.
Women’s Research Institute of Nevada (WRIN) — A Century of Progress and Tradition.
The opinions section of the New York Times has put together a truly silly video of people expressing some profoundly inane reasons why you shouldn’t vote.
The New York Times has a roundup of early voting around the country and how it has changed the pace of elections.
Ori Eisen, founder, chairman and chief innovation officer of online security firm 41st Parameter, makes the case for taking voting online in this Gigaon blog post, It’s Time to Take the Election Online.
The Voting Rights Act has been around for a very long time and has become part of the political fabric of the nation, especially the states in the South that are the specific targets of the act.
This super graphic shows how the US ranks in terms of voter turnout and other issues related to the push to change the voting system.
Check out this interactive graphic to see what your state’s requirements are concerning photo identification required to vote in this year’s election! http://www.ncsl.org/legislatures-elections/elections/voter-id.aspx
This idea of denying people who have been convicted of crimes the right to vote has been debated for a couple of centuries now. It is viewed by many as retribution for an act against society. Should it be forever?
Kill the Quarterback on Amazon
What’s JPROF is about?
Recently on JPROF.com
- 50 years ago, Harrison Salisbury did not win the Pulitzer Prize April 11, 2017
- The First Amendment today | JPROF.com April 11, 2017
- Rules for using commas April 11, 2017
- At the corner of Banjo and Watercolor November 19, 2016
- Watercolors for the beekeepers November 10, 2016
- Second cedar chest of the season October 10, 2016
- Battlelines: Gettysburg: Day 1, July 1, 1863 July 1, 2016
- Civil War Trust provides excellent video introduction to Gettysburg June 21, 2016
- Brian McKnight tells KCWRT about the life of Champ Ferguson June 16, 2016
- What did Lincoln look like? June 14, 2016
- Swag for the Front Page Follies, 2016, part 3 June 3, 2016
- Swag for the Front Page Follies, 2016, part 2 June 2, 2016
- Swag for the Front Page Follies, 2016, part 1 May 31, 2016
- In which I answer the question, “What’s next?”, part 2: the suffrage ladies and me April 21, 2016
- Blue Angels streak across the pasture for fourth straight day April 18, 2016
Sign-up for Jim's newsletter
Jim Stovall has a newsletter he uses to get in touch with those who like what he writes. Subscribers get advanced notice of publications, free downloads and a variety of information about what he is working on. He would love to have you on the list, so sign up today.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Welcome to JPROF
Since 2004 JPROF.com has been providing journalism instructors and students with material and ideas for teaching and learning journalism. Jim Stovall is the site's creator and operator.
JPROF.com is now the site for First Inning Press and First Inning Artworks.
This site has more than 500 pages and posts. Use the search above and the categories and tags below to find what you need.
The site for the textbook, Writing for the Mass Media, is now part of this JPROF.com site.