Cathryn Brown (Rep.) was elected by the constituents of New Mexico to represent their interests. But I wonder if those voters knew an abortion bill that denies abortion to the victims of rape was part of her agenda.
No One in America Should Have to Wait 7 Hours to Vote – The Atlantic.
Women’s Research Institute of Nevada (WRIN) — A Century of Progress and Tradition.
The opinions section of the New York Times has put together a truly silly video of people expressing some profoundly inane reasons why you shouldn’t vote.
The New York Times has a roundup of early voting around the country and how it has changed the pace of elections.
Ori Eisen, founder, chairman and chief innovation officer of online security firm 41st Parameter, makes the case for taking voting online in this Gigaon blog post, It’s Time to Take the Election Online.
The Voting Rights Act has been around for a very long time and has become part of the political fabric of the nation, especially the states in the South that are the specific targets of the act.
This super graphic shows how the US ranks in terms of voter turnout and other issues related to the push to change the voting system.
Check out this interactive graphic to see what your state’s requirements are concerning photo identification required to vote in this year’s election! http://www.ncsl.org/legislatures-elections/elections/voter-id.aspx
This idea of denying people who have been convicted of crimes the right to vote has been debated for a couple of centuries now. It is viewed by many as retribution for an act against society. Should it be forever?
Now FREE on Amazon
The first of five volumes in the Civil War Combat Artist series, Battlelines: The Road to Gettysburg is now available on Amazon as a free download.
And now you can download the second volume, Battlelines: Gettysburg, Day 1, free at BookFunnel.
Point Spread on Amazon
Kill the Quarterback on Amazon
Recently on JPROF.com
- Reviews, they always help; Battlelines: the complete Gettysburg July 17, 2017
- The week’s best giveaways; Battlelines, 5 volumes, now available July 10, 2017
- Favorite author? Readers respond; More great FREE giveaways July 3, 2017
- Favorite mystery author? Giveaways up and running June 26, 2017
- Digital Reader blogger tries to get at the real facts about ebook sales May 25, 2017
- Revelations by scholastic journalists come by just ‘looking it up’ May 15, 2017
- E.B. White on a writer’s responsibility May 10, 2017
- Literary journalism, explained May 9, 2017
- A journalist writing a novel May 6, 2017
- 50 years ago, Harrison Salisbury did not win the Pulitzer Prize April 11, 2017
- The First Amendment today | JPROF.com April 11, 2017
- Rules for using commas April 11, 2017
- At the corner of Banjo and Watercolor November 19, 2016
- Watercolors for the beekeepers November 10, 2016
- Second cedar chest of the season October 10, 2016
Sign-up for Jim's newsletter
Jim Stovall has a newsletter he uses to get in touch with those who like what he writes. Subscribers get advanced notice of publications, free downloads and a variety of information about what he is working on. He would love to have you on the list, so sign up today.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Welcome to JPROF
Since 2004 JPROF.com has been providing journalism instructors and students with material and ideas for teaching and learning journalism. Jim Stovall is the site's creator and operator.
JPROF.com is now the site for First Inning Press and First Inning Artworks.
This site has more than 500 pages and posts. Use the search above and the categories and tags below to find what you need.
The site for the textbook, Writing for the Mass Media, is now part of this JPROF.com site.