Ori Eisen, founder, chairman and chief innovation officer of online security firm 41st Parameter, makes the case for taking voting online in this Gigaon blog post, It’s Time to Take the Election Online.
The underlying tone of one is that expanding the electorate will help President Barack Obama get re-elected. The underlying tone of the other is that putting more legal controls on who votes and when will aid the Republicans and Mitt Romney.
The tradition of state control was one that suffragists had to overcome to get the Nineteenth Amendment (giving women the right to vote) ratified in 1920, and it was not easily done.
Voting fraud, and charges thereof, are as old as the Republic, but this year the controversy seems to be centered around the possibility of people who might be “bused in” to vote for President Barack Obama.
Kill the Quarterback on Amazon
What’s JPROF is about?
Recently on JPROF.com
- 50 years ago, Harrison Salisbury did not win the Pulitzer Prize April 11, 2017
- The First Amendment today | JPROF.com April 11, 2017
- Rules for using commas April 11, 2017
- At the corner of Banjo and Watercolor November 19, 2016
- Watercolors for the beekeepers November 10, 2016
- Second cedar chest of the season October 10, 2016
- Battlelines: Gettysburg: Day 1, July 1, 1863 July 1, 2016
- Civil War Trust provides excellent video introduction to Gettysburg June 21, 2016
- Brian McKnight tells KCWRT about the life of Champ Ferguson June 16, 2016
- What did Lincoln look like? June 14, 2016
- Swag for the Front Page Follies, 2016, part 3 June 3, 2016
- Swag for the Front Page Follies, 2016, part 2 June 2, 2016
- Swag for the Front Page Follies, 2016, part 1 May 31, 2016
- In which I answer the question, “What’s next?”, part 2: the suffrage ladies and me April 21, 2016
- Blue Angels streak across the pasture for fourth straight day April 18, 2016
Sign-up for Jim's newsletter
Jim Stovall has a newsletter he uses to get in touch with those who like what he writes. Subscribers get advanced notice of publications, free downloads and a variety of information about what he is working on. He would love to have you on the list, so sign up today.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Welcome to JPROF
Since 2004 JPROF.com has been providing journalism instructors and students with material and ideas for teaching and learning journalism. Jim Stovall is the site's creator and operator.
JPROF.com is now the site for First Inning Press and First Inning Artworks.
This site has more than 500 pages and posts. Use the search above and the categories and tags below to find what you need.
The site for the textbook, Writing for the Mass Media, is now part of this JPROF.com site.