How do you make an interactive chart like this one and put it onto your web page? The video on this page will explain it all.
Getting data onto a map has never been particularly easy — for reasons I don’t understand. But things are getting better. A few weeks ago I tried something called Batchgeo.com. It’s extremely easy. You paste the geographic data you have in an Exel file into a window on the website, and in a few seconds […]
If you are working for a publication – high school or college – you should not use maps created by MapQuest or some other professional service without specific permission from that service. To do so is a violation of copyright laws.
Study charts that have been professionally produced by newspapers or news web sites. The Associated Press has a graphics department that produces many charts used by newspapers every day. Look closely at the way they are put together.
A great moment in the history of science was the publication of Andreas Vesalius’s anatomy book, De Humani Corporis Fabrica, in 1543. What made the book a triumph wasn’t the Latin text Vesalius wrote but the 420 illustrations.
Now FREE on Amazon
The first of five volumes in the Civil War Combat Artist series, Battlelines: The Road to Gettysburg is now available on Amazon as a free download.
And now you can download the second volume, Battlelines: Gettysburg, Day 1, free at BookFunnel.
Point Spread on Amazon
Kill the Quarterback on Amazon
Recently on JPROF.com
- Best book of the summer? Readers respond September 21, 2017
- Readers respond with their best reads of the summer; A superb collection of mystery/thrillers for 99 cents September 18, 2017
- Margaret Fuller packed more than a lifetime into her 40 short years September 12, 2017
- Best book of the summer? and a chance to win a Kindle Fire September 11, 2017
- September 8 is International Literacy Day September 10, 2017
- J. K. Rowling on freedom of expression September 7, 2017
- Forwarding contest winners for August; more free books and giveaways September 4, 2017
- Photos of Hurricane Harvey’s devastation from FEMA’s photojournalists September 3, 2017
- August was a good month for reviews of Kill the Quarterback September 2, 2017
- September sale begins now; Max and Woody are back August 28, 2017
- Bat Masterson, gunslinger first but then first-class sports writer August 27, 2017
- A riveting one-hour read (free); Max and Woody are back August 21, 2017
- Smithsonian Institution’s name and unusual founding August 17, 2017
- Treatment for eclipse fever; a free cozy; and don’t forget to forward this email August 14, 2017
- The Newspaperman: A poem from the 1880s August 8, 2017
Welcome to JPROF
Since 2004 JPROF.com has been providing journalism instructors and students with material and ideas for teaching and learning journalism. Jim Stovall is the site's creator and operator.
JPROF.com is now the site for First Inning Press and First Inning Artworks.
This site has more than 500 pages and posts. Use the search above and the categories and tags below to find what you need.
The site for the textbook, Writing for the Mass Media, is now part of this JPROF.com site.
Get a FREE copy of Kill the Quarterback
Get a free digital copy of Jim Stovall's mystery novel, Kill the Quarterback. You will also get Jim's newsletter and advanced notice of publications, free downloads and a variety of information about what he is working on. Jim likes to stay in touch, so sign up today.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your address.