Here are a couple of recently-completed watercolors that I am donating to the Blount County Beekeepers Association annual auction on Monday evening. Both have mountain-ish backgrounds, and one is based on a recent photograph by my good friend Jim Bennett. The BCBA auction raises money for grants to new beekeepers, one of the many great things the […]
The last day of the year holds a special place on the JPROF.com calendar. It’s the day in 2004 that the site went live. Thus, we celebrate our fourth anniversary today. The site has come a long way from that small study and cold winter in Emory, Virginia, where it was first conceived and built. […]
Welcome to JPROF
Since 2004 JPROF.com has been providing journalism instructors and students with material and ideas for teaching and learning journalism. Jim Stovall is the site's creator and operator.
This site has more than 500 pages and posts. Use the menus above and the categories and tags below to find what you need.
The site for the textbook, Writing for the Mass Media, is now part of this JPROF.com site.
Semi-update: Jim Stovall retired in May 2016 after teaching journalism from 38 years. All of the journalism stuff is still here, but there's more. Check under " . . . and the rest of it" in the menu above.
Another update (2/2017). Stovall is back in the classroom, teaching a section of JEM 499 Business and Future of Journalism for the spring semester 2017 at the University of Tennessee.
What’s JPROF is about?
Recently on JPROF.com
- At the corner of Banjo and Watercolor November 19, 2016
- Watercolors for the beekeepers November 10, 2016
- Second cedar chest of the season October 10, 2016
- Battlelines: Gettysburg: Day 1, July 1, 1863 July 1, 2016
- Civil War Trust provides excellent video introduction to Gettysburg June 21, 2016
- Brian McKnight tells KCWRT about the life of Champ Ferguson June 16, 2016
- What did Lincoln look like? June 14, 2016
- Swag for the Front Page Follies, 2016, part 3 June 3, 2016
- Swag for the Front Page Follies, 2016, part 2 June 2, 2016
- Swag for the Front Page Follies, 2016, part 1 May 31, 2016
- In which I answer the question, “What’s next?”, part 2: the suffrage ladies and me April 21, 2016
- Blue Angels streak across the pasture for fourth straight day April 18, 2016
- Blue Angels practice — over our pasture April 15, 2016
- In which I answer the question “What’s next?”, part 1 April 14, 2016
- Seeing Suffrage: Starting the 1913 Washington Suffrage Parade March 21, 2016
My artwork is available on FineArtAmerica.com.