Jim Stovall’s email newsletter for July 14, 2017 Hi there, I hope you’ve had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend. Reviews Writers always want people to read their books, and they want their readers to love what they read. But what the writer needs is honesty. That’s why I alway suggest […]
Hi there, I hope that you have had a good week. Giveaways This week’s best book giveaway (and one in which I am involved with Kill the Quarterback) is Thrillers, Killers and Chillers. There are 21 of us authors offering some very good book — and they’re all free downloads, of course. In addition, there’s an […]
Once again, we are sharing a post with the Knoxville Civil War Roundtable. Note: The annual anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg is this weekend. To commemorate that, we are posting, with permission, excerpts from Battlelines: Gettysburg, that describe aspects of the battle. Battlelines: Gettysburg contains the battlefield drawings of Alfred Waud and Edwin Forbes, […]
Gettysburg is so iconic — particularly because of the Gettysburg Address that Abraham Lincoln delivered four months after the battle — that we tend to lose sight of what it meant to the people who lived during the war.
Many rare and never-before-published drawings of Civil War sketch artists are now available in Battlelines: Gettysburg, newly released by First Inning Press.
Now FREE on Amazon
The first of five volumes in the Civil War Combat Artist series, Battlelines: The Road to Gettysburg is now available on Amazon as a free download.
And now you can download the second volume, Battlelines: Gettysburg, Day 1, free at BookFunnel.
Point Spread on Amazon
Kill the Quarterback on Amazon
Recently on JPROF.com
- Reviews, they always help; Battlelines: the complete Gettysburg July 17, 2017
- The week’s best giveaways; Battlelines, 5 volumes, now available July 10, 2017
- Favorite author? Readers respond; More great FREE giveaways July 3, 2017
- Favorite mystery author? Giveaways up and running June 26, 2017
- Digital Reader blogger tries to get at the real facts about ebook sales May 25, 2017
- Revelations by scholastic journalists come by just ‘looking it up’ May 15, 2017
- E.B. White on a writer’s responsibility May 10, 2017
- Literary journalism, explained May 9, 2017
- A journalist writing a novel May 6, 2017
- 50 years ago, Harrison Salisbury did not win the Pulitzer Prize April 11, 2017
- The First Amendment today | JPROF.com April 11, 2017
- Rules for using commas April 11, 2017
- At the corner of Banjo and Watercolor November 19, 2016
- Watercolors for the beekeepers November 10, 2016
- Second cedar chest of the season October 10, 2016
Sign-up for Jim's newsletter
Jim Stovall has a newsletter he uses to get in touch with those who like what he writes. Subscribers get advanced notice of publications, free downloads and a variety of information about what he is working on. He would love to have you on the list, so sign up today.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Welcome to JPROF
Since 2004 JPROF.com has been providing journalism instructors and students with material and ideas for teaching and learning journalism. Jim Stovall is the site's creator and operator.
JPROF.com is now the site for First Inning Press and First Inning Artworks.
This site has more than 500 pages and posts. Use the search above and the categories and tags below to find what you need.
The site for the textbook, Writing for the Mass Media, is now part of this JPROF.com site.